Melbourne Corporate Yoga
We’ll make you feel fantastic by bringing yoga to your workplace in Melbourne!
Sitting is the new health hazard; on average we spend over 30 hours a week sat at a desk.
Our shoulders slump forward, our breathing becomes shallow, our spine is hunched and our core becomes weak. Add this to daily stress of work and family commitments, endless to-do-lists and we’ve got unhealthy bodies and minds. In the long term, this may lead to heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure and premature mortality.
Yoga will get rid of tightness in your body
Lengthen tight muscles in your shoulders, neck, back and legs by stretching your body to let go of the tight areas you may not even know you’re holding onto.
- Stretch all the muscles in your body
- Lengthen through your spine to improve posture
- Practice gentle backward bends and spinal twists to counteract our daily habit of hunching forwards
Yoga will make you strong and flexible
Develop your core muscles as you move into yoga poses and hold them for a few moments with steadiness and ease. Being flexible doesn’t mean doing the splits; its about moving your body, joints and your spine easily and safely.
- Strengthen your core muscles helping to maintain a healthy spine
- Use your own body weight as resistance making you stronger
- Mobilise your joints, becoming flexible in your hips, spine and shoulders
Yoga will help you lose the stress
Yoga helps you to get out of your head and away from your constant thoughts. Give yourself the gift of stillness and learn to breathe fully and deeply.
- Practice being mindful
- Feel calm in your mind
- Feel relaxed yet rejuvenated
Stats about workplace stress
The Australian Human Rights Commission states:
- A total of 3.2 days per worker are lost each year through workplace stress
- Stress-related workers’ compensation claims have doubled in recent years, costing over $10 billion each year
- A survey of over 5000 workers indicated that 25% of workers took time off each year for stress-related reasons
- In relation to psychological injury claims, work pressure accounts for around half of all claims and harassment and bullying for around a quarter of claims
- Preliminary research shows that Australian businesses lose over $6.5 billion each year by failing to provide early intervention/treatment for employees with mental health conditions.
Research shows that every dollar spent on identifying, supporting and case-managing workers with mental health issues yields close to a 500% return in improved productivity (through increased work output and reduced sick and other leave).
- $130 per class for 5 or 10 weeks
- One-off class – $150
- Want something tailored to your needs? ask us for a quote!
Some of our clients