What is meditation?
It is the practice of quietening your mind whilst sitting or lying comfortably. It’s not necessarily ‘not thinking’; it is detaching from your thoughts as they arise in your mind. You’ll still have thoughts but you will let them pass through your mind rather than getting involved with them.
What is mindfulness?
It is the practice of being in the moment; being only aware of your present situation or environment. For example, if you are driving your car mindfully, you will be thinking only about the act of driving, noticing your breathing, your hands touching the steering wheel and your body sitting in the car seat. You won’t be thinking about your destination or thinking about what you were doing before your started driving your car. You are being present in the environment of driving rather than letting your mind wonder.
Great for corporate team building or planning
Bring some meditation and mindfulness to your workplace or off-site venue. This 1 hour session is a fantastic way to break-up your team building or planning day to get people moving, stretching and revitalised for the rest of the day.
We offer you a one hour session comprising:
- Gentle warm-up and stretches whilst sat in a chair
- Mindfulness practical exercise
- Whole body relaxation
- Guided visual meditation
Calm your nervous system and lower stress
- Learn to recognise where you hold tension and how to release it from your body
- Learn a whole body relaxation exercise which you can practice again anytime
- Be guided on a visual meditation so that you may take a break from your mind’s busy thoughts to emerge fully refreshed and energised
Price starts at $120 for a 60 minute class. For a longer ‘workshop type’ class, the price is $150 and varies subject to length and number of participants.